Datacolor SpyderX Capture Pro
- SpyderX Elite Colorimeter
- SpyderLENSCAL Autofocus Calibration Aid
- SpyderCUBE Exposure Calibration Tool
- SpyderCHECKR Color Calibration Chart
Datacolor SpyderX Capture Pro is a comprehensive calibration kit for all stages of a shooting and editing workflow. This kit includes the SpyderLENSCAL, for calibrating camera, lens, and focus settings; the SpyderCUBE, to help achieve accurate exposure and white balance at exposure; the SpydrCHECKR, for gaining consistently accurate colors from shot to shot; and the SpyderX Elite, an advanced colorimeter to ensure your computer's monitor is color-accurate.
Datacolor SpyderX Elite Colorimeter
Helping to achieve consistently accurate colors from your monitor, the SpyderX Elite from Datacolor is a calibration solution featuring a lens-based color engine for fast, precise, and versatile performance. The colorimeter pairs with SpyderX software to provide a range of calibration control, ranging from a one-click, wizard-guided option to an expert console for finely tuning color, brightness, and contrast to match any application. The colorimeter incorporates an ambient light sensor to measure prevailing light conditions, and can automatically re-calibrate your monitor to maintain consistent results.
- The Elite version of the SpyderX ups the level of control, offering unlimited calibration setting choices to suit anything from photo to video to scientific standard settings, and a monitor performance analysis feature lets you inspect the various aspects and uniformity of your calibration settings. This software and colorimeter can also be used to calibrate digital projectors, multiple monitor setups, and, using StudioMatch, can create a standard for all displays you work with to be matched. Additionally, built-in soft proofing helps to achieve accurate results when moving to print, tablets, or other screens.
- Using redeveloped lens-based color engine technology, this colorimeter offers improved light sensitivity and greater accuracy to promote truer screen color, white balance, and more shadow detail.
- SpyderX software is an intuitive means for producing both quick calibrations as well as more customized color profiling. One-click calibration and step-by-step wizard guides can be used to expedite the calibration process or expert console modes offer increased control for specialty applications.
- Integrated ambient light sensor can measure your room light throughout the day to permit fine-tuning of the screen's brightness and contrast to ideal viewing levels. SpyderX software can then warn you to re-calibrate or perform calibrations automatically to match the prevailing ambient light using custom profiles covering five different ambient light settings.
- Multiple laptops, desktop monitors, and front projectors can be calibrated using SpyderX software, with full support for the latest display technologies. Additionally, StudioMatch can create a calibration target, which is shareable between attached displays and computers, to maintain a consistent overall profile.
- The SpyderProof function allows you to compare your monitor's colors before and after calibration to isolate the flaws and what has changed between settings. This function can be used in conjunction with a Datacolor composite test image or one of your own photos can be uploaded for full-screen review.
- An unlimited range of calibration options and presets can be applied depending on the specific application the monitor is being used for, including photo, video, pre-press, and scientific calibration standards. These calibration settings allow you to quickly change and work with different combinations of gamma, white point, and brightness.
- SpyderX Elite Display Analysis allows you to understand how your monitors are performing at a given time, with insight given to the color, brightness, contrast, gamut, tone response, white point, color accuracy, and color uniformity.
- The soft proof feature helps to simulate how your images will look on different screens, devices, or when printed. In regard to printing, the soft proofing can even take into account different printer models, paper types, ink sets, and ICC profiles.
- In addition to computer monitors, SpyderX Elite is also compatible with digital projectors, is suitable for video and cine applications, and can be used to tune multiple and side-by-side monitor configurations.
Datacolor SpyderLensCal Autofocus Calibration Aid
The SpyderLensCal Autofocus Calibration Aid from Datacolor is a focus test chart, designed for use with select DSLRs that support autofocus adjustment. The chart allows you to test the autofocus accuracy of your camera, making it easy to fine-tune it for optimum performance.
The SpyderLensCal features a built-in level and tripod mount, allowing you to create precise testing environments. Cameras that support autofocus adjustments such as the Canon 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III, 1D Mk III, 1D Mk IV, and 1Ds Mk III, as are supported. Please consult your owner's manual to confirm that your camera supports autofocus adjustment.
- Fast, easy solution for your interchangeable lenses and recent DSLR bodies provides razor-sharp auto-focusing, using modern DSLR autofocus micro-adjustment technology
- Compact, lightweight and durable, with integrated level and tripod mount, making this the most convenient way to adjust your own camera gear
- Save time and hassle of sending your equipment in for service. Now you can check or calibrate your own lenses
- Accurate and repeatable calibration of your lenses and recent DSLR bodies
- Worthwhile investment to ensure your camera is focusing your lenses as precisely as possible
Datacolor SpyderCUBE RAW Calibration Tool
The SpyderCUBE RAW Calibration Tool from Datacolor is a compact (1.5"/3.8 cm square), digital color balancing tool that not only allows you to correct the color temperature but also the exposure, brightness and black point of your images. The SpyderCUBE is a spectrally neutral three-dimensional tool that's small enough to fit in your pocket or camera bag and gives you all the features needed to easily adjust your images in post-production. Its multi-sided construction allows special attention to highlights and shadows, and contains more features for image control than a gray card or white balance tool.
Just place the SpyderCUBE in the lighting conditions under which you will be photographing. Orient the cube so that the lower black face, containing the black trap, is at the bottom front, and the two split white/gray faces are both visible. Take a photograph that includes the Cube. It makes several measurements that make it possible for you to be confident that your colors are accurate, your shadows and highlights are properly exposed, and your image is adjusted to the ideal density, regardless of the lighting conditions. These functions give you the data you need:
1 Chrome Ball - Measures catchlight to analyze specular highlights.
2 White Face(s) - Define highlights in relation to catchlight.
3 Gray Face(s) - Measures color temperature and midtone response.
4 Black Face - Defines shadows in relation to black trap.
5 Black Trap - Defines absolute black.
By using SpyderCUBE under the same lighting conditions as your photos, you can optimally adjust all the
photos in RAW conversion using the information the Spyder 3D shot provides. The SpyderCUBE is easy enough for the advanced amateur and sophisticated enough for professionals.
- Reference tool to achieve accurate colors without trial-and-error operations in RAW processing.
- SpyderCUBE provides all relevant light information for the RAW adjustments:
- * Chrome Ball to measure catchlight to analyze overexposed areas.
- * White Faces to define highlights in relation to catchlight.
- * Spectrally neutral 18% Grey Faces to measure color temperature and midtones in all lighting conditions.
- * Black Trap to define absolute black.
- * Black Face to define shadows in relation to black trap.
- Easy to use and compatible with all RAW converter software.
- Essential for RAW processing but can also be used when processing images in a JPG workflow.
- Small and handy, it fits in any photo bag
- Ideal for location shooting (outdoor or indoor) and studios
- Capture accurate color without a lot of trial and error manipulation
- Spectrally Neutral, so that the Cube responds accurately to all lighting conditions
- Provides reference values to check and adjust RAW control settings
- Includes Black Trap for shadow detail control
- Allows users to instantly correct color images by setting color temperature value
- Allows users to accurately adjust shadows and highlight detail in any RAW image
Datacolor SpyderCHECKR Color Chart and Calibration Tool for Digital Cameras
The SpyderCHECKR Color Chart and Calibration Tool for Digital Cameras from Datacolor is a color target for use with digital cameras. It features 48 swatches, including various shades of gray and skintones. You can use the swatches to perform a custom white balance on your camera, ensuring that your camera settings correctly match the lighting conditions in which you are shooting.
The SpyderCHECKR ships with software for Mac and Windows. In order to use it, you'll have to use an Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) post-production workflow. This allows you to use the calibration tool in conjunction with Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, and Photoshop Lightroom.
- Consistent Color Control for your RAW workflow made easy and fast with SpyderCHECKR and its powerful software, giving you a color standard for any camera and decreasing your post-production time
- Neutral gray target and gray ramp for in-camera white balance and visual neutrality analysis
- Extensive skintone samples for portrait and fashion photography
- Durable, eco-friendly self casing construction for easy transport and field use, with replaceable targets, tripod mount and Fade strip indicator
- Easy-to-use software interacts with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, and Camera Raw to produce calibration presets, which fit directly into your digital workflow. No DNG processing is required, and a multiple lightsource calibration option is included