SHAPE Cage Kit with Matte Box & Follow Focus for Sony a7R III/a7 III Camera includes the components necessary for protecting and mounting the a7R III or a7 III camera. Included in this kit is a formfitting protective cage which features a horizontal 15mm rod clamp on both sides. It provides access to all controls and ports, as well as multiple attachment points for accessories. Also included are a push-button wooden top handle with 15mm LW clamp, a quick release Delta rod base system, a Metabones adapter support bracket, a pair of 10" 15mm rods, a follow focus friction and gear clic with adjustable marker, and a 4 x 4" matte box.
Ergonomic Cage for Sony a7R III/a7 III Camera
The Ergonomic Cage for Sony a7R III/a7 III from SHAPE is a formfitting cage designed for the a7R III or a7 III 4K camera. It protects the camera by securely locking it to the cage. It provides access to all controls and ports, as well as multiple attachment points for accessories. It is equipped with a cable retainer system for securing the three left side cables, and is compatible with a full-sized HDMI cable protector lock to secure the use of your HDMI cable.
There are multiple mounting options for accessories including two cold shoe mounts on top of the cage. These include thirteen 1/4"-20 anti-rotating hole patterns, five ARRI 3/8"-16 anti-rotating hole patterns. 3/8"-16 anti-rotating hole patterns, and two UNC 3/8"-16 threaded mounting holes. This cage is made from CNC Machined aluminum and is compatible with the Sony XLR-K2M audio unit. It features an ARRI rosette that can be mounted in four different locations.
- Simple, hassle-free, ergonomic design for filmmakers, videographers, and photographers
- Horizontal 15mm rod clamp on each side allows for the positioning of a 15mm rod
- Easy access to the camera's features such as the control buttons, side outputs, memory card, the battery compartment, and the lens release button
- The support between the lens and the camera grip is designed to anticipate a clearing for the fingers when the camera is handheld, allowing for an ergonomic grip
- Easy to assemble and disassemble, the components don't need to be removed to install the camera
- The camera is held in place by a 1/4"-20 captive screw integrated into the base of the cage, and secured by the back and sides so it doesn't move forward when equipped with a heavier lens
- You can attach a Delta adapter plate (sold separately) underneath the cage to mount it on a quick release plate to switch from a tripod to a handheld setup
- You can operate the camera without having to remove the cable doors, and the strap hooks can remain attached to the camera while inserted in the cage
- CNC Machined 6061-T6 aluminum holds the camera securely in place and restricts it from rotating with two anti-rotating tabs at the front
- HDMI cable protector lock
Off-Set Bracket for Blackmagic Cage
The SHAPE Off-Set Bracket will fit on the SHAPE Blackmagic Cage and Shoulder Mount.
15mm Aluminum Rods (Pair, 10")
This pair of Shape 15mm Aluminum Rods (10") connect into your camera rig, extend it, and let you add various Shape and third-party accessories compatible with 15mm rods. With these two rods and with a few fundamental accessories, you can most certainly even begin building your own rig from scratch.
The rods are each 15mm in diameter, 10 inches long, hollow, non-threaded, and made of reliable aluminum coated with a clear finish.