Tokina atx-m 85mm F1.8 FE for Sony E mount. The f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting and benefits depth of field control as well as helps to maintain a portable form factor for everyday shooting. A low dispersion element is incorporated into the optical design to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations and a Super Low Reflection Multi-Coating has been applied to suppress flare for heightened contrast and color accuracy in strong lighting. An ST-M autofocus system achieves fast and near-silent focusing performance and a nine-blade diaphragm also contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality to suit selective focus imagery.
- Portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 design strikes an ideal balance between portability and a fast design and maintains a sleek profile while benefitting depth of field and low-light shooting needs.
- One SD low dispersion element is featured in the optical design and helps to control chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Low Reflection Multi-Coating reduces ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color fidelity and also helps to repel water, oil, and dust from the front lens element.
- ST-M stepping motor achieves fast and especially quiet autofocus performance and the all-metal focus unit also contributes to a dampened manual focus feel for improved control. Additionally, this system uses an internal focusing mechanism to limit the overall length of the lens and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- The lens mount is fitted with an electronic interface that conveys all lens Exif data to the camera and is also fully compatible with in-camera functions, such as image stabilization, Eye AF, MF assist, and other functions.